Jan 9, 2012

My Expectations for the Year 2012

Year 2012 brings forth events that will contribute to the betterment of what is to become the perfection of me.

Every past desires fulfilled, failed attempts, prayers answered, goals achieved and everything that my mind considered as success or failure, good or bad, have, in one way or another, contributed in peeling off layers upon layers of confusion, indecision, doubt, fear, hopelessness and anxiety that have covered my clear vision of my goals in this life.

This year I expect continued great physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. 

I.  Great Physical Health

I am an omnivorous person and during my growing up years in the province my diet consisted of 80% fruits,vegetables and whole grains  and only 20% meat and processed foods. When I went to college in the city my diet was changed to about 50% fruits, vegetables and whole grains and 50% meat and processed or junk foods. I had the 50-50 diet from my mid-twenties until my mid-thirties.

Though my body was exposed to different kinds of chemically laden foods and polluted environment, my immune system proved to be heavily fortified and was able to withstand onslaught of bacterial, viral and chemical attacks. I have never really been inflicted with any serious physical ailment. As healthy as I am, however, I am not about to be lax in taking care of my physical health specially now that I have been given the knowledge of healthy eating habits. I have already started drinking a glass of water an hour before and after every meal and as much as I can in between. I am also practicing semi-vegetarian diet and minimizing intake of meat and processed or junk food partaking of them only at times when no healthy food alternatives are available.

I am practicing healthy living because there is a big possibility that I will live up to more than a hundred years and I want to still be physically active and able even at that age with all my faculties perfectly intact.

II.  Great emotional health

I am blessed with a very loving and understanding wife. Add to that are my 5 beautiful kids equals happy and wonderful family. My happy and blessed marriage and family life did not happen by accident.My wife and I chose, wanted, intended and decided to have wonderful marriage and happy family. We understand that we are not perfect so we accepted each others limitations and we give extra margin for errors. We are open to each other's opinions and always maintain an open mindset to new principles that come within our consciousness.

We are sometimes confronted with challenging situations but we always maintain a positive outlook and attitude. We have 7 unique individuals in our family with unique wants and preferences specially now that our kids are starting to form their own opinions on many things that cause some misunderstanding, bickering and disagreement among themselves. But at the end of the day, we all come together during bedtime to say our family prayer and do our traditional family hugs and kisses. Despite all our differences, we made sure that we are continuously bound by love and made Jesus Christ the center of our family.

I made it a habit to say "I love you" to my wife and kids at least once a day. It really feels good.

III. Great mental health

I understand and firmly believe that the mind is powerful and and its capabilities are limitless. As Napoleon Hill emphatically said, "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." But powerful and sharp as it is, it will become dull and unproductive when not properly and regularly used. This is the reason why I read books, listen to talks, write journals and blogs. I want to keep my mind active and alert. I imagine things, I plan for events and give it as much information and ideas to digest. I want to master and take control of my thoughts. I want to have control on how and what things my ideas will become in the world and materialize into my experience.

I want my mind to keep on creating the things I intended to create.

IV. Great spiritual health

I know that I am a creature of the Divine mind brought into this world for the purpose of experiencing His love and grace and to become a channel of blessings to others as well. Through prayers, meditations and stillness I desire to always be connected to my Creator. This year I want to raise the level of my desire a notch higher and be more consistent with my prayer time and meditation. Attending the Holy Eucharist at least every Sunday is a must. That way, I will always maintain my great connection with my Creator. In addition, I resolve to be more generous, more patient, more understanding, more loving, and to listen more.  I will be a better husband, better father, better person to every one.

Why do I want to be healthy? Because I want to serve longer.

Thank you God for your presence in me.


I expect my ability to manifest financial abundance to be greater this year. 

But even as I write this blog, I'm still in doubt as to when and how my desire of financial abundance will start materializing into my experience. My mind see the material lack and it automatically concludes that sources of financial abundance are really difficult either to create or to come by. But I realized that my past failures were due to my lack of definite plan and purpose. Events, however, that transpired in my life have proven that things happen for a good reason specially those that were not within the my control.

This year my wife and I already have a plan on what financial sources to open. We will reconstruct our present house and build a three-level building with the ground floor consisting of 3 separate units for rent. In addition to our rentals, we will continue to do gigs in oDesk and find businesses that our talents, skills and abilities are well suited for.

We will increase our stock purchases at the same time increase our knowledge on investments by attending conferences and by reading books and materials concerning investments.

Indeed, this year is full of wonderful events. We are ready, eager, able and joyful to welcome them all into our experience.

Why do I want to become financially abundant? Because I want to give more.

"Something good is going to happen to me, this very day, this very week, this very month, this very year. Jesus is blessing my way."

For everything, Lord, we praise, thank and glorify you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to that. I'm so excited to materialize all our dreams!