Nov 9, 2010

The Approachable Rich and Famous Person

Do you know of a rich and famous person in our society? Have you tried conversing with them right then and there where you found them?  

Chances are, you have been shunned, ignored or advised to talk to their secretaries to schedule an appointment.

The fact is that, the rich and famous people live a busy life. Every second that is left of their existence has already been alloted to some specific activity that was scheduled months or years prior which oftentimes cannot  be changed easily.

Of course my observation is just a sweeping generalization based on my experience and that of the other people I spoke with regarding this matter. I do believe, however, that there are many rich and famous people who do not fall within this category. Nonetheless, the general consensus is that rich and famous people are too busy to notice the person next to them whom they were not obligated beforehand to meet.

Bro. Bo Sanchez is a Rich and Famous person. He is a very successful entrepreneur, author of best selling books, inspirational spiritual preacher and speaker, wealth and finance coach and mentor, founder of various institutions, among others. His specific bio and list of achievements can be read here and here.

I have been on a look out for a chance to talk to him for quite a while but with many people lining up for a piece of his time, I was not able to find one. I thought my chance came during the signing of his latest book, "My Maids Invest in the Stock Market", but the queue was so long I barely had less than half a minute talking with him.


On October 28, my family attended the United Nation celebration of the Catholic Family Academy (CFA) where two of my kids were enrolled. Bro. Bo Sanchez and his family were in attendance, too, he being the founder of the Academy and his children were enrolled as well. During a break in the program when the students were to design their collage, Bro. Bo fired up his laptop computer and started typing his ideas that must have come to him during the students' presentation. My youngest son, Jake, needed to go to the washroom and we have to pass near the place where Bro. Bo was seated. He was deeply absorbed in thought. We were about to pass by him, when he suddenly raised his gaze toward us. He smiled. I smiled back. He extended his hand. We shook hands. I was a bit caught off guard but I managed to introduce myself. I asked if it would be alright to approach him after the program so I could solicit his advise about my personal concern. The most generous answer I was expecting of him was to grant my request. But his  response to my request was unbelievable. He immediately closed the lid of his laptop computer and told me, "now, right now, you can talk to me right now." I was stunned. Wow. A rich and famous person who was busy writing something that needed his fullest attention, immediately put everything aside so he can listen to what I'm gonna say. He doesn't know me personally. He doesn't even have an idea if my concern is that important or not. Nonetheless, he made himself available at once to listen to me. Outstanding. I was speechless for a moment.

We have been attending the Feast for years now. It was my Sweetiepie who introduced me to the Feast when we moved down to Manila from Baguio City. I was impressed the very first time I heard Bro. Bo talked. It was like a breath of fresh air from the traditional ways of preaching the Gospel and doing worship. And the more we attended the Feast, the deeper I admired his spiritual connection with God. I read about his love for the poor and his charitable works proceeding from his benevolence and generosity. By listening to him talk, observing his actions and hearing a lot of people speak highly of him, one can confidently conclude that Bro. Bo is a kind, accommodating and generous person in addition, of course, to his other good traits. I admire him. But to personally experience his kindness, friendliness and 'good-naturedness', it is quite an experience. I was humbled, empowered and inspired. Now I know why he is so blessed and why the people around him are blessed as well. 

It was a wonderful encounter. He is abound with positive energy. And I felt that there was a transfer of that positive energy to me when I shook his hands. As a matter of fact, the transfer of positive energy is the very reason why I want to somehow touch or in close proximity with the wealthy, abundant, enlightened and forward-thinking people. I am eagerly anticipating the moments when it will be my turn to do to others what he did to me. Pay it forward.

I remember the time when we attended a talk of Bro.Bo in Oakville, Ontario. There was a part of me that wanted to go ahead and shake his hands but my never-mind attitude prevailed. My understanding of the nature of positive energy was low at that time. The positive energy in me was not strong enough to pull myself toward the stronger source. Like attracts like. I figured that had I possessed a bit higher level of understanding and enough puling power of positive energy at that time, I could have managed to go and shook his hands. And as I typed this blog, I should have been at least a quarter rich as he is right now. 

Nonetheless, I believe that things happen for a good reason. I am very wealthy with my relationships right now. And I know the material riches that I have been desiring are all lined up outside my door. I shall now open the door and allow them to come and materialize in my experience. 

God is Good. God is Great. Let His Energy flow. God bless us all.

  




No comments: